Thursday, January 28, 2010

:D Lessons learnt from an emotional turmoil

Now that I'm asking for any form of relief, I want a hug
I want to talk to someone over the phone. Anybody who's willing to and can make me feel better. If that ever happens I might just pour everything out for 6 hours about life in general. It sucks. Too bad it won't ever happen.

Its fine I must still stay strong.

It wasn't my initial plan to even go back today, but I guess I would and smile till the night is near. For whatever reason. Just makes me feel strong, not cause I'm happy already.


{edit}
I'm feeling better without having to talk to anybody :D



Happiness is something that we decide ourselves.
picture credited to Adila on DA

My idea of not talking to others about my unhappiness sometimes stems from this; happiness is something nobody can dictate to us so the extent to which they can really help us is limited - you are the only one who can help yourself.



YOU ARE IN CONTROL (coming from an exhibit in 8Q)
This phrase impacted me alot for the past few months.


People may say things to cheer you up, it may make you feel better - but ultimately, the change in perception has to be made on your own accord.

Don't we all experience it? After whining to somebody you'll only feel "much better" as there is one more person on earth that you know will understand you (esp when you are facing a situation of being misunderstood). However, that's all it does.

Sometimes, I also feel that reading stories about strangers or the view point of others cheers me up much more than just telling others about my woes. The only role of that is to release the stress in you, not to make you happier.

Therefore, the next time somebody wants a listening ear, I will try hard not to give advice (always attempt to do that cause I really want to help) but to really listen and try to make him/her stronger by telling the truth.


Here's something I read:
Aristotle's perspective on Happiness



Don't get me mistaken, I've not forgotten about what saddened me yesterday, and I don't think I ever will. (because I haven't forgotten stuff of the past years, they still haunt me.) I survive on my current dose of happiness to forget the past.

But that's what they call "moving on", ain't it? Yes, I might have missed out on opportunities, or I might have done something wrong such that the nice stuff in the past won't happen ever again.


Self-help is the most wonderful thing.
Why do I even bother feeling sad about having nobody to "whine" to?

I'd like to believe I'm getting stronger everytime,
from the rate of recovery each time.

I'm energetic now, ready to face the world with smiles.

I'll try my best to get over it,
but stop reeling me in if you want to cut the string in the end.
Hurts me.

Love,
Emma

{/edit}


Typed all these in the afternoon before I went back to school (yeah, gave school a miss in the morning), that's why I was so happy in school today :D Let the inspiration flowwww!

No comments: